Like us on Facebook!
Prevention Services works to:
- Prevent disease and injury in our community
- Promote healthier choices and behaviors
- Prepare and respond to public health emergencies
- Investigate disease outbreaks
- Provide quality health information
We work toward these goals through the activities of our programs:
- Communicable Disease & STDs
- Emergency Preparedness
- Cancer Control (including Tobacco, Breast & Cervical Health, and Colorectal Cancer)
- HIV Prevention & Case Management
- Health Promotion and Wellness
Report Clean Indoor Air Act Violations by clicking here.
CCHD raises awareness with public information campaigns throughout the year. Our Cover Your Cough campaign reminds everyone to wash their hands and cover their coughs to prevent the spread of many diseases. Our Healthy People, Healthy Community campaign works to educate on the role of each person in the overall health of our community.
Campaign Materials Available for Download:
- Be a Germ Buster
- When To Wash Your Hands
- Parents Guide to the Flu
- 4 Steps to Becoming Better Prepared
- Rotavirus Fact Sheet
For more information on these campaigns, please call 454-6950.