Circle of Security
FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES MESSAGE:
Due to COVID-19 the following precautionary measures are being taken to prevent unnecessary exposure for staff and families we serve:
- WIC: All WIC offices are closing to the public. If you currently have an appointment scheduled, the WIC clinic staff will be contacting you to complete it over the phone. You will continue to receive and be able to use your benefits as long as your certification is active. Contact your local WIC clinic for remote service, or call the State Office at 1-800-433-4298 for assistance. The State Office will also be available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Home Visiting (Parents as Teachers, First Year Initiative, SafeCare, Montana Asthma Program): Home visiting staff will be doing all home visits by phone or video conferencing depending on the guidance of each program. Home visitors will contact current and newly referred clients individually to schedule remote appointment times. It is our goal to continue to provide as many of our families as possible with the resources they need, so please call us at 406-454-6950 with questions or concerns.
- Car Seat Program: We will not provide car seats or car seat checkups until further notice.
- Parenting Classes: All parenting classes have been temporarily cancelled. Current participants will be notified once classes resume.
- CONNECT Referral System: Onboarding will continue; however, in-person training and meetings are cancelled. Trainings will take place remotely.
- Foster Child Health Program: Nurses will not provide in-person visits to foster parents, but will remain in contact as necessary.
Please call us at 406-454-6950 with questions or concerns.
Circle of Security parenting classes teach participants how healthy attachment and relationships can:
- help your child develop higher self-esteem and emotional stability
- decrease mental health issues
- improve school readiness
Our infants and toddlers are sending us “coded” messages about what they need. Learn to recognize these messages for a happier child.
Pre-registration is required. Please call Stacy LeMaster at 761-9896 to register!
Circle of Security®
Circle of Security® Parenting Class – An 8-week, evidence-based class which helps parents understand the need for a healthy attachment between themselves and their children and teaches ways of enhancing that bond.
The Circle of Security® is an early intervention program for parents and children that focuses on the relationships which give children emotional support.
Central to the program is the Circle of Security® map, which helps parents and other caregivers to follow children’s relationship needs and learn how to become emotionally available to them. The map draws a very clear link between attachment and learning.
“The Circle of Security® help you to look beneath children’s behavior to discover their genuine relationship needs.”
Our home visitation staff offers the Circle of Security® Parenting training during home visits and for small groups.
“This is not what I thought a parenting class would be like. This is life changing, not only with my child, but with others around me. I am telling every parent I know that they need to attend this class!” –Former COS Participant
“I learned to acknowledge my shark music and not become mean.” -Former COS Participant
“This class not only helped me with my parenting, but it helped with all of my relationships.” – Former COS Participant
Please call 406-761-9896 for more information.