WIC Farmer’s Market Giveaway
Update: as of Weds, 7/17/19, our WIC office has distributed all of its 2019 farmer’s market vouchers. Thank you for participating and for spreading the word!
If you have received farmer’s market benefits, please return your completed cards to the WIC office by Thurs, 10/24/19.
Did you know that WIC provides $30 of farmer’s market benefits per current participant? Any WIC participant in your family—children aged 9 months to 5 years old, pregnant women, breastfeeding or non-breastfeeding mothers—is eligible for their $30 for the summer.
To receive that $30, each eligible person simply needs to be currently certified as a WIC participant before they come in to pick up their benefits.
WIC will start distributing farmer’s market benefits starting on Monday, June 17th during regular office hours. No appointment is necessary to come in and pick up the benefits. Just come to the front desk of the WIC office. It is first-come, first-served, as WIC has a limited amount of farmer’s market benefits to distribute.
Simply being a current WIC participant and using your farmer’s market benefit makes you eligible to enter a drawing for an Instant Pot and a basket full of goodies for your kitchen.
To enter to win, here’s what you need to do:
- Starting June 17th, hurry in to pick up your farmer’s market benefits for each eligible person in your family during business hours (no appointment is necessary)
- Use your $30 of farmer’s market benefits
- Fill out your drawing card (which you will receive when you pick up your benefits) and have vendors initial next to your purchases. WIC staff will explain this when you pick up your benefits!
- Return the drawing card to the WIC office by October 25, 2019
- Wait to see if you are the winner!