Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment
Do you have Insurance Questions?
Come to the Health Insurance Check-Up Event Nov. 10th!
The Community Health Improvement Planning (CHIP) Coalition, along with several other community organizations, are hosting a free health insurance check-up, providing an opportunity for people to enroll, re-enroll, or ask questions about the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid, and Medicare.
- What: Health Insurance Check-Up Event
- When: Thursday, November 10, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute,
- Cost: FREE
The Affordable Care Act now requires everyone to have health insurance. Those without insurance could face a fine up to $695 per adult unless qualified for an exemption. The open enrollment period is from November 1st-January 31st and is the only time you can sign up for insurance coverage through the marketplace.
Re-enrollment is required if you wish to continue your coverage through a Health Insurance Marketplace plan. Individuals that have questions about their eligibility for Medicare or Medicaid, including Medicare supplemental plans or Part D coverage are also encouraged to attend.
Experts from Benefis Health System, Planned Parenthood, the Community Health Care Center, Indian Family Health Center, Aging Services and Cover Montana will be available to answer questions and assist with enrollment.
To enroll or re-enroll, applicants will need to bring:
- Social Security Numbers for all members of their tax household
- Employer and income verification for all applicable household members (Pay stubs or W-2)
- Estimated household income for 2017 before taxes
- Birthdates of all household members applying for coverage
- If you are a member of a federally recognized tribe, your proof of enrollment i.e. ID Card or Tribal Letter
- Healthcare.gov username and password if you have enrolled previously
- Email account and access to it during the event, either by having login information available or via smart phone or mobile device
- For Part D supplements comparison, bring a list of medications with frequency and dosage
Reservations are not required for this free event. For more information call (406) 455-4863.