Health Promotion & Wellness
The leading causes of morbidity, mortality, and disability in the United States are heart disease, cancer, and stroke. These chronic diseases have well known behavioral, social, and environmental risk factors and can be prevented on a large scale. Click on the topics below for more information.
Did You Know?
- Montana is currently #23 of the top 25 healthiest states!
- By reducing your daily soda intake by 8 ounces, it can result in a ten pound weight loss in one year.
- By walking 30-45 minutes on most days of the week, you can prevent disability for 12 years.
- Studies show that hardy laughter improves blood flow, reduces stress, and lessens pain.
- Lack of sleep can cut learning ability by up to 40%. Get 7-8 hours each night.
- Your brain consumes up to 30% of daily calories. Don’t feed it sugar!
Penny Paul, Health Promotion Specialist