Medicaid Health Improvement
The Medicaid Health Improvement Program provides care management to high risk Passport to Health clients who often have multiple chronic health conditions. Every county in Montana is covered by one of the fourteen program sites. Thirteen of the sites are located in Community Health Centers and one is at a Tribal Health Center.
The Community Health Care Center in Great Falls administers the Medicaid Health Improvement Program with responsibility for clients in Cascade and Teton Counties.
A care management nurse will work with the client and the primary care provider to set goals that will help the client manage and improve their health. Other services that may be provided include:
- Information and referrals on non-health related services
- Review any medications and provide information about medications
- Education and informational handouts to help the client take charge of their health
- Prevention and health promotion activities
- Information on when to go back for tests or follow up with primary care provider
- Help with discharge planning if the client is hospitalized
- Suggest options for improving the client’s health
For more information on this service call 406-454-6990 ext. 111.
Tara McAlpine, SW, LPN, CCP, M.Ed.
Nancy Plasterer, LPN
Tracey Flesch, LPN
Trenna Trapp, BS, SW, CCP
*This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).