We are dedicated to providing affordable health and dental care for patients regardless of income, insurance or ability to pay. CHCC is not a free clinic, therefore patients who are not covered by public or private insurance are charged on a sliding fee scale, based on their income, which renders health care affordable to all patients.
- We accept all major insurances as well as Medicaid, Medicare**, most Workman’s Compensation, Blue Cross, and Tricare. Please present your insurance card at check-in.
- We base our fees on a sliding scale. Please bring proof of income, such as last year’s income tax return.
- Payment for Dental Services is due at the time of the visit.
- We have a minimum fee of $20 for an office visit.
**Please note: There is no Medicare Part B deductible for covered services at our Clinic. Medicare Part B patients pay just 20% of the fees charged for covered services.
Questions about the Affordable Care Act and and Healthcare Marketplace?
On October 1, 2013, the Healthcare Marketplace opened for business. Individuals can now visit www.healthcare.gov, the only official website to registre, compare health insurance policies, and enroll themselves and their families. Through the Marketplace you can see what plans better suit your needs and find out if you qualify for a tax benefit to lower your premiums.
Learning about the Healthcare Marketplace and how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will affect you and your family may seem daunting. The Community Health Care Center, Inc. would like to make this process as easy as possible for you. If you have questions about the Marketplace or the ACA, please contact Tina Bundtrock, Outreach and Enrollment Specialist, by phone 791-9270 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I be seen even if I have insurance?
Yes. The sliding fee scale still applies after we bill your insurance.
- How much money do I need to bring?
Our fees vary based on the services you receive. Our minimum fee is $20.
- I have no income. How can I pay the $20 minimum fee?
The Community Health Care Center is not a free clinic. It relies on Federal funding and patient payments to operate. If you are seeking services for an urgent need, we can bill you, but payment is usually expected at the time of service.
- What kind of information do I need to bring for proof of income?
We prefer your most recent federal tax return. If it does not reflect your current income status, we can accept pay stubs, a letter from your employer, AFDC print-outs, Social Security letters, etc.
For any additional Billing Questions, please call (406) 454-6973 ext. 6161 or ext. 6160.