The Community Health Care Center was awarded a grant from the US Department of Health and Human Services to develop a program for the CHCC clinic patient’s needs in the area of Behavioral Health. The Health Care Plan includes the following objectives:
- To increase the capacity of the CHCC to screen and identify patients with behavioral health conditions.
- To improve the capacity to respond to mental health needs of CHCC patients.
- Identify and counsel CHCC patients who are engaging in risky/hazardous and harmful drinking.
- To increase screening of CHCC patients for tobacco use and provide cessation interventions, if indicated.
The plan we have developed to meet those objectives is through screening and assessment of CHCC chronic disease patients and those with behavioral health conditions. These screens will also include all patients being screened for tobacco and harmful alcohol consumption.
- Aleece Reynolds, LAC LCSW
- Angela Carroll, LAC MSW
- Kristina Grovhoug, MSW
- Annette Griffin, APRN PSYCH-NP
As of January 1, 2009, the Behavioral Health Services are active. Program staff are working together to meet the needs of the CHCC patients.
*This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).