WIC Eligibility & How to Apply
FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES MESSAGE:
Due to COVID-19 the following precautionary measures are being taken to prevent unnecessary exposure for staff and families we serve:
- WIC: All WIC offices are closing to the public. If you currently have an appointment scheduled, the WIC clinic staff will be contacting you to complete it over the phone. You will continue to receive and be able to use your benefits as long as your certification is active. Contact your local WIC clinic for remote service, or call the State Office at 1-800-433-4298 for assistance. The State Office will also be available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Home Visiting (Parents as Teachers, First Year Initiative, SafeCare, Montana Asthma Program): Home visiting staff will be doing all home visits by phone or video conferencing depending on the guidance of each program. Home visitors will contact current and newly referred clients individually to schedule remote appointment times. It is our goal to continue to provide as many of our families as possible with the resources they need, so please call us at 406-454-6950 with questions or concerns.
- Car Seat Program: We will not provide car seats or car seat checkups until further notice.
- Parenting Classes: All parenting classes have been temporarily cancelled. Current participants will be notified once classes resume.
- CONNECT Referral System: Onboarding will continue; however, in-person training and meetings are cancelled. Trainings will take place remotely.
- Foster Child Health Program: Nurses will not provide in-person visits to foster parents, but will remain in contact as necessary.
Please call us at 406-454-6950 with questions or concerns.
Eligibility & how to apply
WIC Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for WIC benefits, a person must meet the following criteria:
Must be (1) of the following:
- A pregnant woman
- A breastfeeding woman
- A woman who recently had a baby or whose pregnancy ended early
- An infant, birth to 12 months, or
- A child, up to age 5 years
Must meet all of the following:
- Must reside in Montana
- Must meet income requirements (see chart below)**
- Determined by a health professional to be at medical or nutritional risk
Montana WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines (Applicable 7/1/20-6/30/21)
How to Apply
- Find a WIC clinic near you: City-County Health Department!
- Check income with eligibility guidelines
- Obtain paperwork
- Complete paperwork
- Call 454-6953 to make an appointment
- Attend WIC clinic
- Bring children and get measurements
- Visit with nutrition educators
- Receive food vouchers