Fight the flu with the immunization experts!
Thursday, Sept. 20 from 10 AM to 2 PM
- Get your flu shot without even getting out of your car!
- Located at the Montana Expo Park
- There will be multiple lanes available for fast and convenient service
- Adults 18 years of age and older only (high dose vaccine available for those over 50)
Tuesday, Sept. 25, from 12 to 4:30 PM
- Located at the Montana Expo Park’s Exhibition Hall
- Perfect for anyone 6 months and older (high dose vaccine available for those over 50)
The cost of a flu shot is $30 (excludes high dose vaccine for people over 50) and is fully covered by most insurances, including Medicaid and Medicare. We also accept cash, check, or credit/debit cards.
Why get the flu shot?
Getting an annual flu vaccine is the first and best way to protect yourself and your family from the flu. Flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors’ visits, and missed work and school due to flu, as well as prevent flu-related hospitalizations and deaths. The more people who get vaccinated, the more people will be protected from flu. You won’t just be protecting yourself, but everyone around you—including older people, very young children, pregnant women, and people with certain health conditions who are more vulnerable to serious flu complications.
And, by getting your flu shot, you’ll be making sure you’re healthy and energized for hunting season, time with family over the holidays, skiing, snowshoeing, and more!
Who should get vaccinated?
Everyone! Vaccination is recommended for everyone ages 6 months and up. It is especially important for certain populations:
- The elderly
- Pregnant women*
- Those with chronic health conditions
- Healthcare workers
- Anyone in close contact with an infant 6 months of age or younger
*If you are pregnant and want to be vaccinated, CCHD flu shot clinics require a doctor’s note
Learn more about the flu, prevention, and treatment on this Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services web page, or by visiting the CDC‘s website.