Make Health Your Resolution in 2018
Make 2018 your healthiest year yet! Add these tips to your resolution list to boost your health and well-being!
Tips for 2018
- Contact CCHD for a vaccination, cancer screening, or STD screening. Regular medical exams and tests can help find problems before they start. They also can help find problems early, when your chances for treatment and cure are better. CCHD offers free or low-cost vaccinations and screenings that could save your life!
- Get your house in order! Radon is an odorless, tasteless gas that occurs naturally and could be in your home. It is known to cause cancer, but the good news is it can be prevented! The only way to know if your family is being exposed to radon at home is to test for it. Call CCHD and ask for Environmental Health to buy a Radon Test Kit. The kits are inexpensive, easy to use, and can help keep you safe.
- Put your family first. CCHD offers free classes and resources to enhance the health, safety, and happiness of families in our community. See what class or program might be right for your family.
- Be tobacco-free in 2018. If you are ready to quit, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) or 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569 for Spanish speakers) for free resources, including free quit coaching, a free quit plan, free educational materials, and referrals to other resources where you live. Need inspiration? Contact one of CCHDs Tobacco Use Prevention Specialists to learn about how CCHD can assist you in becoming tobacco-free in 2018.
- Get active, get enough sleep, and choose healthy foods!
Contact CCHD at 454-6950 for questions about our services and how we may be able to help you!