Free HAZWOPER Training Course
In response to OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Program that protects workers at hazardous sites, a 40 hour HAZWOPER training course will be held the last week of February 2013. The course has been designed and is required for workers that will potentially be exposed to hazardous substances including during:
- Clean-up operations
- Operations involving hazardous waste at facilities
- The storage, treatment, and disposal of hazardous substances
- Emergency response operations
In preparation for the future removal of soils on properties located in the Neihart Superfund site, EPA and the Cascade City-County Health Department are offering this course to area contractors and their employees at no expense to the participant other than travel and food costs.
The course will be held in Neihart at the Neihart Community Center on Main Street on February 25-March 1 from 8am to 5pm. Class size is limited; register no later than February 18, 2013.
For questions or to register contact:
- Sandy Johnson, City-County Health Department, 406-791-9275
- Tillman McAdams, EPA, 406-457-5015
- Michael Lasher, Pacific Western Technologies, 406-457-5495
Click here for a course agenda.
To view a printable flyer advertising the course, click here.